Mastering Tough Conversations for Frontline Leaders
Dates: March 22, 2023
Duration: One eight hour session
Format: In-Person (134 Eileen Stubbs Ave. Unit 103 Dartmouth, NS B3B 0A9)
Member Price: $450.00 + HST
Non-Member Price: $585.00 + HST
This course is Gold Seal accredited (1 Credit)
Overview: Being able to masterfully prepare for and engage in tough conversations is an essential workplace skill. It is invaluable in maintaining positive team relationships, managing interpersonal conflict, and boosting your confidence to speak up.
This interactive and highly practical workshop will give you valuable techniques and strategies that will make it easier for you to handle tough conversations. You will learn how to prepare for a tough conversation, get the conversation off to the best possible start and manage your emotions.
- Discuss what makes a conversation difficult
- Explore how to best manage your and others’ emotions successfully
- Describe how to effectively structure the opening of a tough conversation
- Apply effective listening and questioning skills to gain agreement and commitment
- Explain the importance of body language in the listening process
- Distinguish between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviours
- Apply assertive communication techniques to express your feelings, needs and wants in an open and non-threatening way
- Describe how to plan effectively prior to delivering feedback
- Identify personal goals for speaking up with confidence
Facilitator(s): Barefoot Facilitation Inc.
-Cancellations must be received no later than 10 business days prior to the course date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
-No refunds will be issued after this date.
-If you register for the course and do not attend, you are liable for the full registration fee unless you cancel according to the terms stated above.
-If you are unable to attend after registering you may send a substitute up to and including the day of the course. Please provide a name and email address for name tag and records.
-CANS reserves the right to cancel any course and will, in such an event, provide a full refund of registrations fees. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
-No liability is assumed by the organization for changes in course dates, content, speakers, or venue.