CSA: Infection Control - CSA Z317.13:22
Date: April 17, 18, 19, 20, 2023
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Format: (Virtual) Instructor-led Live Course
Duration: Four three hour sessions
Price: $1,500.00 + HST
This course is Gold Seal accredited (2 Credits)
You will receive a Certificate of Completion, after you successfully complete the training and an evaluation component.
Part 1: Fundamentals of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Healthcare Facilities
Duration: Two four-hour sessions
- Describe the “Body of Knowledge” that encompasses the new Standard CSA Z317.13:22
- Recognize basic definitions related to the CSA Z317.13:22 Standard
- Describe examples of known contaminations and their sources
- Determine procedures that are appropriate for infection prevention and control
- List key prevention procedures related to construction at HCFs
- Develop an appropriate Risk Assessment as it relates to construction at health care facilities
- Identify the proper placement of dust control barriers and tools used to achieve infection prevention and controlled environment during construction
- Describe infection prevention and control measures
- Apply infection prevention and control measures after construction
- Employ mold remediation at your health care facility
- Describe appropriate remedial measures
Part 2: Effective Implementation and Practical Applications of Infection Control During Construction, Renovation and Maintenance of Health Care Facilities
Duration: two four-hour sessions
- Describe the steps used to get the right information
- Describe the steps used in building the right people
- Describe the steps used to get the right gear
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Establish or describe the risks associated with renovation work on domestic water systems
- Develop and maintain monitoring programs Explain the application of the Standard to new construction
Presented jointly with CSA Group
-Cancellations must be received no later than 10 business days prior to the course date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
-No refunds will be issued after this date.
-If you register for the course and do not attend, you are liable for the full registration fee unless you cancel according to the terms stated above.
-If you are unable to attend after registering you may send a substitute up to and including the day of the course. Please provide a name and email address for name tag and records.
-CANS reserves the right to cancel any course and will, in such an event, provide a full refund of registrations fees. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
-No liability is assumed by the organization for changes in course dates, content, speakers, or venue.