Effective Work Planning for Foremen
Date: March 9 & 10, 2021
Duration: Two – Four Hour Sessions
Format: Instructor-led Live Webinar
Time: 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Member Price: $400.00 + HST
Non-Member Price $520.00 + HST
***This course is Gold Seal accredited (1 Credit)***
Who Should Attend: Effective Work Planning for Foremen is designed for foremen of all levels of experience and all trades. It also serves as a good back-to-basics refresher for superintendents.
Overview: This course aims to provide foremen with a strong model that will improve their crews’ and company’s performance. The course focuses on providing a strong foundational knowledge of task planning that can be applied to any work and is equally applicable to the foremen of trade and general contractors. Using an interactive on-line presentation and practical individual and group exercises, attendees are taken through a back-to-basics approach to work planning. Coming out of the course, attendees will have built their own plan and 2 week lookahead schedule for an example activity.
Learners will strengthen their skills by gaining a strong foundation in practical task planning. Working with hands-on, practical exercises, they work through the various elements needed to put together a complete activity plan for their crew. Course topics include calculating manpower needs, determining material and equipment needs, building quality and safety into the plan and much more!
• Understand what planning is, who should do it, what we should plan and when
• Follow the Planning Cycle of Plan, Do, Check, Act
• Know where to gather the information needed to put together a solid plan
• Build a two week lookahead schedule
• Create daily crew work plans
• Communicate the plan to others
• Using templates provided, develop their own task plans, two-week lookaheads and daily crew plans
• Gather useful historical information to improve their future planning
Facilitator(s): Mark Taylor, P.Eng., G.S.C, Construction Advisory Services