Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Price: $100.00 + HST
***This course is Gold Seal accredited (1 Credit)***
Who Should Attend: Tradespeople and supervisors working in the construction and maintenance industry.
This course is intended to equip you to be successful and participate in creating a respectful and inclusive workplace.
Topics: This course looks at how a respectful and inclusive workplace can benefit everyone by eliminating discrimination and harassment, and how everyone can create respect through inclusive communication, teamwork, and mentorship. The course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce the learning.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand industry expectations for respectful and inclusive workplaces
- Know how to lead by example to help create a respectful and inclusive workplace.
- Know how to communicate more effectively with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances.
- Know how to include the perspectives of team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances into decision-making and problem-solving.
- Work more effectively in mentorship relationships with team members of different genders, backgrounds and circumstances to transfer trade and workplace knowledge to the next generation.
A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Facilitator: BuildForce Canada
Please Contact Kaitlyn Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org to be given access to the course!
-Cancellations must be received no later than 10 business days prior to the course date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
-No refunds will be issued after this date.
-If you register for the course and do not attend, you are liable for the full registration fee unless you cancel according to the terms stated above.
-If you are unable to attend after registering you may send a substitute up to and including the day of the course. Please provide a name and email address for name tag and records.
-CANS reserves the right to cancel any course and will, in such an event, provide a full refund of registrations fees. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
-No liability is assumed by the organization for changes in course dates, content, speakers, or venue.