e-Learning (Computer Based)
Duration: self paced - approximately 6 hours
Price: $150.00 + HST
***This course is Gold Seal accredited (2 Credits)***
Who Should Enroll: This course is intended for supervisors, project managers, etc. who must deal effectively and professionally with employees, sub-trades, owners, clients, engineers and employers.
This course is designed to teach and familiarize owners, managers, supervisors, and project managers with construction contracts and contract law, liabilities and responsibilities of all parties to a contract, compliling and submitting proper extras and claims, and ways and means for leaders to avoid conflict with contracts, owners, trades and labour.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the origins of law
• Understand what a contract is and what makes a contract valid or invalid
• Understand the roles in the construction industry as they apply to contract law
• Know the different types of construction contracts
• Interpret contracts
• Understand what a custom contract consists of
• Understand the principles of surety and the different types of bonds that are used
• Know what type of insurance is required in the construction industry
• Understand claims, the reasons for claims and the process of making a claim
• Know the acts and regulations that are relevant to the construction industry
A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Facilitator: Buildforce Canada
-Cancellations must be received no later than 10 business days prior to the course date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
-No refunds will be issued after this date.
-If you register for the course and do not attend, you are liable for the full registration fee unless you cancel according to the terms stated above.
-If you are unable to attend after registering you may send a substitute up to and including the day of the course. Please provide a name and email address for name tag and records.
-CANS reserves the right to cancel any course and will, in such an event, provide a full refund of registrations fees. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
-No liability is assumed by the organization for changes in course dates, content, speakers, or venue.