Sponsorship & Advertising Opportunities
For the common good.
Member companies often show their support for the Association and the industry through sponsorship. Companies may choose to sponsor our Annual General Meeting or other events, others may provide monetary donations or prizes for other events.
You can get more value from your memberships by taking advantage of our advertising opportunities. Your company is sure to benefit from purchasing advertising spots in the annual Nova Scotia Construction Guide and on our website, CANSnet.
CANS members combine their efforts to solve industry problems and to create business opportunities. CANS staff plan an important role in this process by providing resource information and facilitating interaction among members.
CANS provides information on approximately 2,000 Atlantic Canadian construction projects each year.
- Projects are traced from the announcement stage through to the time the contract is awarded.
- Project information is available through multiple formats and publications. The most comprehensive listings are found on the CANS website.
- Project profiles are created and updated for each new construction project. Profiles include information on the scope of the project, owners, designers, start and completion dates, reference documents such as environmental applications, tender documents including specifications, drawings and addenda.
- Tender results are also posted when available.
- The complete project profile is available to members at www.cans.ns.ca for several years after the closing date.
- CANS Dartmouth Plans Room is available day or night for members who wish to view hard copies of the tender documents, access the internet or use the printing and photocopying equipment on site. Members must have security access cards. The plans room has wireless capability.
Reaching Out - Education for the Construction Industry is the Industry Education & Training Program at CANS. Courses delivered through the program are targeted to the construction industry - our membership and beyond.
Our corporate newsletter keeps members informed of new and updated regulations, legislation, codes or standards. It seeks member input on various topics; input that will be used to guide CANS communications with government officials, media and other association representatives, and then updates members on the progress of those topics.
CANS Dartmouth Plans Room
The plans room is available day or night for members who wish to view tender documents, access the internet or use the printing and photocopying equipment on site. Members must have security access cards.
As a CANS member, if you are trying to reach an architect, engineer, developer or other professional, but can't find their contact information, we can help. Our corporate information system features contact information for more than 1,500 firms and member companies.
You can find who you are looking for by visiting our web site or by flipping through our annual Nova Scotia Construction Guide.
Member companies can edit and update their company profile online. A Description of the company, key personnel, logo and service locations can also be featured.
Our Web site's 'My Projects' page provides an opportunity for members to find information and follow projects activites of interest. 'My Projects' is unique to each user.
We require each member company to appoint a Profile Administrator responsible for keeping company records current at CANS, and managing web site access.
Commissioner of Oaths
Four staff members are available to witness the signing of statutory declarations. Please call ahead to ensure we are in the office. This service is available to members only.
CANS has a meeting room available for members free of charge. The Board Room can hold up to 25 people and has telephone conferencing capability as well as video projection equipment. Call us at 902-468-2267 to check availability.
Building Futures for Youth
Our nationally-recognized construction career information web site is a valuable tool when visiting schools or promoting the industry. Building Futures provides information and on-line activities for youth. The site allows you to build a shopping centre, contstruct an addition to a refinery or try a safety game! visit the site and incorporate it in your next career day activity at www.buildingfutures.ca.
CANS is the Nova Scotia distributor of CCA and CCDC contracts, forms and guides. CANS also sells publicaions from the Canadian Design Build Institute. Members recieve discounted prices on all of these documents.
Canadian Construction Association (CCA)
CANS is integrated with CCA, the national voice for the construction industry. If you are a member of CANS, you are automatically a CCA member.
CCA published a quarterly newsletter highlighting industry events and activities as well as coverage of national committee and lobbying activities.
Liaison with Other Industry Associations
In order to maintain and exchange information, CANS cooperates with other industry associations through:
- Design and Construction Institute
- Roofing Contractors Association of Nova Scotia
- Merit Contractors Association of Nova Scotia
- NS Construction & Labour Relations Association
- Construction Specifications Canada
- Nova Scotia Association of Quantity Surveyors
- Nova Scotia Road Builders' Association
- other related organizations
Contact with Design Professionals
CANS is here to liase with Contracting Authorities to alleviate potential problems before they occur. Members are encouraged to bring forward any concerns.
Representing the Industry
A number of CANS volunteers serve on government boards, agencies and committees. The CANS Board reviews and supports a number of these nominations including positions on the Provincial Apprenticeship Board, Building Code Advisory Committee, Fuel Safety Board, Workers' Compensation Board and the Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Council. If you would like to know how you can get involvded, please contact CANS' president, Duncan Williams.